Following the unprecedented coronavirus crisis, the government have announced various measures relating to housing. You should check these on the government web site for details.

The main announcements to date are:

  • emergency legislation suspending new evictions will be passed as “an urgent priority”, meaning landlords will not be able to start possession proceedings against tenants for at least three months
  • private landlords whose tenants are struggling to pay the rent will be protected through a three-month buy-to-let mortgage payment holiday

During this time we will continue to provide the same support we always do but would request that you either make an enquiry using the housing support form or contact our Customer Services Contact centre on 020 8303 7777 (Out of hours service - 020 8303 7171).

Make an enquiry

If you are struggling to make rent payments, are worried about being made homeless or need support with finding accommodation the Council’s housing support team may be able to help.

Advisers can help with:

  • managing rent arrears and other debts
  • budgeting household finances
  • advice around benefits, employment and training
  • sourcing and securing your own property
  • advice and support on your current tenancy
  • getting in touch with the right people and services to help you

If you think this service is right for you then you can make an enquiry using the housing support form. Your enquiry will then be passed on to one of our housing support officers who will respond to you in due course. Alternatively, you can contact our Customer Services Contact centre - 020 8303 7777 (Out of hours service - 020 8303 7171). They will be able to make a timed appointment for one of housing Support officers to call you back to discuss your case. If you have already been made homeless we will aim to return your call the same day, however, should this not be possible our out of hours service is outlined above.

If your query relates to concerns about the quality or safety of your housing please contact Environmental Health at