Rent it Right - A licensing scheme for Bexley
The Council is consulting on a proposal to introduce a property licensing scheme called ‘Rent it Right’.
This scheme would introduce:
- a borough-wide Additional Licensing Scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
- Selective Licensing Schemes applying to all private rented properties in four defined areas: Thamesmead North, Abbey Wood, Lower Belvedere and parts of Erith
The schemes have been designed to help reduce the levels of anti-social behaviour within those four areas and from HMOs across the Borough, as well as providing support for local tenants and landlords.
Please visit the following for detailed maps of the four areas:
- Thamesmead North Licensing Area
- Abbey Wood / Lower Belvedere Licensing Area
- Erith Licensing Area
- Manor Road Licensing Area
- Full map of all Licensing Areas
Visit Selective property licensing search to see if a property requires a selective licence.
The document relating to the scheme is Rent it Right Proposal to Introduce Discretionary Licensing Schemes - Consultation (PDF, 3MB).
The consultation runs from the 20 November 2017 until 31 January 2018 and can be accessed on the Rent it Right survey.
We need as many people as possible to take part in the survey and let us know what they think about the licensing plans. Please spread the word and pass details of this consultation to anyone who lives, works, rents or owns a property in Bexley.
We will have two property licensing forums in January where anyone interested in the scheme including residents, landlords, businesses and tenants can come along and have their say:
- 11 January 2018 - 1pm to 4pm at Belvedere Community Centre, Mitchell Close, Belvedere, DA17 6AA
- 17 January 2018 - 6.30pm to 8.30pm at Civic Offices, 2 Watling St, Bexleyheath DA6 7AT
The council will be hosting a series of roadshows around the Borough to promote the scheme and the council will be at the following location:
- Wednesday 10 January 2018 – 1pm to 3pm, Crayford Library
- Tuesday 16 January 2018 – 1pm to 3pm, Erith Library
- Thursday 18 January 2018 - 10am-12noon, Sidcup Library
Come along and tell us what you think. If you have any other comments please email email@example.com