Friends groups and environmental voluntary groups
The London Borough of Bexley's parks and open spaces have for many years received tremendous support from volunteers who have helped to create clean, well maintained parks and open spaces.
The work of the volunteers varies from tree whip and bulb planting, litter clearing, maintenance of herbaceous borders, clearance of heathland, maintenance and litter clearance along Bexley's rivers.
- East Wickham Conservation Volunteers
- Lesnes Abbey Conservation Volunteers
- Friends of Foots Cray Meadows
- Friends of the Shuttle
- The Friends of Riverside Gardens Erith (FORGE) - have adopted two raised flower bed areas beneath the flagpole on the Erith Riverside Gardens, for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sidcup Garden Project
- Friends of Danson Park was established in 2002. Bi-monthly meetings in the Boat House include informative talks or a social event, followed by the opportunity to raise and discuss issues relating to Danson Park. Refreshments are provided. Members and volunteers can take part in a variety of proposed ecological or environmental projects and plans are being developed to work with the Council to introduce a range of family entertainments throughout the summer months. Anyone wishing to join the Friends would be more than welcome.
Contacts: email: email@example.com Telephone number: 0759 6657763
Listed are the Friends Groups that currently volunteer in Bexley’s parks and open spaces, all of which would welcome new members to join them to help with their nature conservation and environmental projects. Along with information, for prospective new Friends Groups who wish to set themselves up as a new voluntary group in their local park or open space.
- Bexley Civic Society
- North West Kent Countryside Partnership
- Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
- Crossness Nature Reserve
- Woodlands Farm Trust
- Bexley Wildlife
For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org.