How to apply
If you know you need to apply for planning permission, just use the button below. You’ll go to Planning Portal, a site which lets you apply, pay and upload your documents.
- I want to login to track my application
- I want to see or comment on someone else’s planning application
- I want to apply for building regulations
Get advice on planning applications
If you’re not sure, you can:
- request a pre-planning meeting
- read our online planning guide*
- check Planning Portal’s interactive online guide and information about common projects
- make an appointment to come in and see us
*This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format
If you ask for written advice or an appointment with us, we charge a fee. Request a pre-planning meeting to get started.
Before you get in touch, we strongly recommend that you also check your land or property doesn’t have any restrictions on it.
These may include:
You will have to register with the Planning Portal first when making your online application, after which you just log on to access your applications.
Please read guidance before making an online application
When making an online application please note the following to assist us in dealing with your application:
- ensure you have read the appropriate help texts relating to the completion of the Planning Application forms and addressed any issues covered
- drawings must include a scale bar. If your plans are larger than A3 size you should identify what size the drawings should be printed (A0, A1 or A2)
- providing a summary of all attachments included with your application is very helpful
- attachments are restricted to the following file types: .pdf, .tif, .jpg, .gif, .doc, .xls, .bmp, .png, .plt, .txt. No individual file should be larger than 5MB
- we are unable to accept CAD drawings
- information on planning fees
- should there be a need for an additional fee this can be paid on the planning application form
To find out what planning application requirements you need for your submission use the Planning application requirements document (PDF).
Appointing an architect or surveyor
Give serious consideration to having detailed plans produced. This will help you to see what the end result will be an assist in comparing/or arranging quotations.
We cannot recommend an architect, a planning consultant or surveyor, but the following may help: