Abbey Wood Station Public Realm
- main entrance to the new Elizabeth Line (Crossrail) Station will be accessed off the Harrow Manorway flyover
- a new signalised crossing to enable pedestrians and cyclists to cross the busy road onto the station forecourt
- Felixstowe Road will continue to provide vehicle access to the station with a new taxi rank, drop-off bays and short stay parking bays along the kerb sides
- new informal public space will be created in front of the parade of shops on Chantry Close
- Gayton Road will also be regenerated so that it has a similar village character
The scheme is being co-ordinated with the highway and public realm improvements being delivered as part of the Harrow Manorway Highway and Public Realm Improvement project.
Visit yourabbeywood to see further details (information and plans) on this and other projects in progress in the South Thamesmead and Abbey Wood area by the Council and other organisations.