School crossing patrols (Lollipop people) must be over 18 years old, have good eyesight & hearing, and have the physical ability to control the crossing site for the full operational period. They are expected to attend on all school term days, with the duration typically being 35 to 45 minutes in the morning and again in the afternoon, each day.
Full uniform and training are provided, along with a pay rate of £12.59 per hour.
We currently have no vacant School Crossing Patrol posts at the moment
Post title: School Crossing Patrol
Grade: Non Hay 03, Scale 1
Section: Traffic and Road Safety Services
Responsible to: School Crossing Patrol Supervisor
Main purpose of the job:
To ensure the safety of pedestrians crossing the road at a designated point between specified times, during the school term, with due regard for the needs of all road users.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- direct and control pedestrians while waiting to cross the road
- stop traffic to allow pedestrians to cross the road
- release traffic when pedestrians have crossed the road
- use all the uniform and equipment provided for the safety of the postholder, pedestrians and motorists
- develop the full range of skills and knowledge to satisfy the requirements of the post
- report any problems or difficulties to the SCP Supervisor
- to comply at all times with the School Crossing Patrol Code of Practice
Resources: Full uniform and equipment provided. Candidates are required to have access to online facilities for Payroll, Sickness etc. reporting.
Safeguarding: This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Council will carry out pre-employment checks to the successful candidate including a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check.