School crossing patrols (Lollipop people) can be between 18 and 80 years old and typically work 35 minutes in the morning and 35 minutes in the afternoon.
Full uniform and training are provided, along with a pay rate of £10.90 per hour.
We are currently not recruiting for the school crossing patrol service.
For more information, please call 020 3045 4869 or email email@example.com
Post title: School Crossing Patrol
Grade: Non Hay 03, Scale 1
Department: Public Protection, Housing and Public Realm
Division: Places, Community & Infrastructure
Section: Traffic and Road Safety Services
Responsible to: School Crossing Patrol Supervisor
Main purpose of the job:
To ensure the safety of pedestrians crossing the road at a designated point between specified times, during the school term, with due regard for the needs of all road users.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- direct and control pedestrians while waiting to cross the road
- stop traffic to allow pedestrians to cross the road
- release traffic when pedestrians have crossed the road
- use all the uniform and equipment provided for the safety of the postholder, pedestrians and motorists
- develop the full range of skills and knowledge to satisfy the requirements of the post
- report any problems or difficulties to the SCP Supervisor
- to comply at all times with the School Crossing Patrol Code of Practice
Resources: Full uniform and equipment provided
Safeguarding: This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.