Bexley Targeted Youth Service (TYS)
Bexley TYS provides additional help at the earliest opportunity to our vulnerable young people who face, or are at risk of:
- family violence
- parental mental ill-health
- substance misuse
- being excluded from school or at risk of school exclusion
- involvement in crime or anti-social behaviour
TYS operates from four hubs across the borough:
- Thamesmead Hub – Church of the Cross, Lensbury Way, SE2 9UE
- Lovel Hub – Lovel Avenue, Welling, DA16 3JQ
- Slade Green Hub – Howbury Community Centre, Chrome Road, Erith DA8 2EL
- Specialist Hub – Motorbike project, special educational needs, looked after children and Bexley Youth Council
The Hubs deliver closed group sessions and one to one work, however, each of the location-based Hubs offers ‘a safe place to be’ open session once a week so that young people can visit for advice, guidance or support when it is needed.
Young people’s pathways into TYS services are from Bexley’s Family Wellbeing Service, Children’s Social Care, Special Educational Need, Schools/Education Welfare, Police and the Youth Offending Team.
YS is supported by a range of targeted commissioned services including Porchlight, Open Doors and Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT). Pathways into these services are also from specialist services although the CACT offer includes two open activity sessions in the North and South of the borough where the location changes according to need.
For more information about Bexley Targeted Youth Services including the times and days of ‘a safe place to be’ open sessions, contact 020 8303 7777 and ask for Youth Services.