Landlord Incentive Schemes
In Bexley, we are seeking landlords to help provide private rented accommodation at market rents to help people facing specific barriers to finding a home. These people are looking for a fresh start, have low support needs and are carefully assessed as being ready to take on the responsibilities of managing a tenancy.
A range of financial incentives is available to landlords who have properties available to rent on Assured Shorthold Tenancies. The Council’s aim is to make renting to us as stress-free as possible, so we have evolved Let2Bex to make that happen.
What is Let2Bex?
Our landlord incentive scheme will:
- give you a free comprehensive tenant finding service and find you a tenant for your property in housing need
- give you a full free photo inventory of your property
- aim to let your property within one week
- give you a free tenancy agreement and right to rent check
- offer housing support to your tenant during the term of the tenancy
- provide you both with a direct line to our re-settlement team so that you can contact us for any tenancy-related issues that may occur
- give you cash incentives payments for your property
- cover you for any damage to the property or rent arrears up to a certain amount
- give you a one-off bonus payment for renewing the tenancy after 12 months
To qualify for the scheme, your property must be in Bexley or the surrounding area. You will also need to provide:
- a copy of your energy performance certificate (EPC)
- a copy of your gas safety certificate
How much rental income could I expect?
The rent is set at Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rates which depend on the size and location of the property. For confirmation of the rental amount for a specific property, please get in contact with the team or visit Local Housing Allowance rates.
Rent is paid directly to the landlord from the tenant and is paid one month in arrears. If a tenant is in receipt of any benefits a request can be made by a landlord to the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) so that the landlord may receive the rent payment directly.
How do we select a suitable tenant?
When selecting a suitable tenant for a property, we complete the following checks:
- a full income and expenditure assessment
- a check for rent arrears
- a check for any history of anti-social behaviour
- a Right to Rent check
For further information or to request an application form please contact the Resettlement Team on 020 3045 3310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.