Reporting issues with utility equipment

The Council has a responsibility under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 to co-ordinate and monitor the works undertaken by utility companies such as telecommunications, electricity, gas and water on the public highway.

Any site where work is being carried out remains the responsibility of the utility company with regards to safety. All sites should clearly display details of who is carrying out the works and contact details in case of an emergency. If you have a problem relating to street works or other issues, please contact the utility company directly.

Report utility equipment issues such as:

  • CATV covers
  • manhole/drain covers
  • telecommunications cabinets
  • water stop valve covers
  • water meter covers

Report utility equipment