How to apply for a school uniform and clothing grant
You can apply to receive a school uniform/clothing grant for your children if you are a parent in exceptional circumstances and you live within the London Borough of Bexley.
If you live in another borough, you will need to contact the relevant Council or school to see if you can receive any help.
Any applications that are received from another borough will not be responded to.
What are exceptional circumstances?
Very few families experience the exceptional circumstances which would deem them eligible for this grant
For example, an exceptional circumstance if all your children's clothing got destroyed in a house fire or flood.
Exceptional circumstances do not include:
- A child who has grown out of their school uniform or clothing
- The school uniform or clothing is worn out
- A child starts a new school and requires new clothing
Am I eligible?
To apply for this grant, you must already be receiving Child Benefit and any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
What would I be entitled to if my grant is approved?
Depending on what year group your children are in, the following amount will be paid:
|Key stage||Year group||Grant amount|
|1||Infants - reception, year 1 and 2||£37.50 per child|
|2||Juniors - year 3, 4, 5 and 6||£37.50 per child|
|3||Secondary school - year 7, 8 and 9||£62.50 per child|
|4||Secondary school - year 10 and 11||£37.50 per child|