Proposal to develop a new Housing Assistance Policy
|Start date||Tue 3 Jan 2023, 12:00pm|
|End date||Tue 14 Feb 2023, 12:00pm|
We wish to develop a new Housing Assistance Policy, enabling us to make use of our powers under the Regulatory Reform Order 2002 to use Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) funding in a targeted, discretionary manner.
We hope to use these discretionary powers to help speed up the DFG process for certain types of works, as well as to provide specific, targeted assistance outside the statutory DFG requirements as stipulated in the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996.
This consultation is open to anyone who wishes to comment on the proposed arrangements, including people who live and work in Bexley, people who use our services, carers and family members, professionals, our partners, and providers, such as GPs, Occupational Therapists, Third Sector Organisations, Housing Associations and Private Sector Landlords.
Find out more about the proposals
- the proposals have been outlined in a Cabinet Member report
- a draft version of the proposed Housing Assistance Policy is available to view or download
Have your say
- to have your say, please complete the consultation survey by 14 February 2023
- we can arrange for an Officer of the Council to discuss the proposal with your stakeholder group by invitation
For more information or to request consultation documents in an alternative format
Cameron Laity - Manager Grants Team, London Borough of Bexley
- email - Cameron.Laity@bexley.gov.uk
- telephone - 020 3045 3255
Steven Burgess - Policy and Strategy Officer, London Borough of Bexley
- email - Steven.Burgess@bexley.gov.uk
- telephone - 020 3045 3550