Apply to receive the Home Library Service
Use this service to:
Get books or talking books delivered by our volunteers because you cannot get to a local library in person.
You can apply on behalf of someone you know if they cannot get to a local library and are eligible to receive this service.
How does it work?
Volunteers will visit you at a mutually agreed frequency with a selection of books or talking books based on your reading preferences.
This is a free service.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
- blind or partially sighted
- suffering long-term illness
- unable to get out to a library
- recovering from an operation
- unable to carry heavy books or talking books
- carers of adults or children
- experiencing mental health problems
- restricted to their home for religious reasons
- unable to go out without help
For more information about the Home Library Service, visit our Home Library Service page.
If you are looking to join the library, you can also apply for a free library membership.
Completion takes around 5 minutes.
Before you start
If you are under 18, you will need consent from a parent or guardian and must provide their details when you apply.
You must live in Bexley to apply