The Council holds information about its activities, its finances and a range of other matters that may be of interest to residents, business and other members of the public. We publish much of this information on our website so it’s worth searching the topic you are interested in before submitting a formal request.

You can request information in the following ways:

The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) enables you to access a broad range of information held by the London Borough of Bexley. Anyone can request information and you do not have to live in the borough. Sometimes we may decide to withhold the information you have requested because we believe it is commercially sensitive, private information that belongs to someone else or for another reason. When we withhold information, we will apply an exemption contained within the Act. You can find more information about exemptions here.

The Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) enables you to access environmental information that we hold. When you request information relating to the environment, we will determine if your request should be dealt with under the FOIA or EIR.

The Data Protection Act 2018 provides you with the opportunity to access any personal information that we hold about you. This could be information about your Council Tax account or a parking fine. A request for personal information is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR) and in most cases, we can release the information. However, we will remove any third-party information. You can find more information about the Data Protection Act here.

You can find out more information about the Freedom of information Act, the Environmental Information Regulations and the Data Protection Act at the Information Commissioner’s Office website.

Our Disclosure Log

Our Disclosure Log is where we publish responses to the wide range of information requests we have received in the last three years. We try to publish all our responses and we update the log every day.

Before you request information from us, please check our Disclosure Log as we may have already published the information you are looking for. Simply filter your search by keyword and date to locate similar enquiries.

As we receive a lot of enquiries about the same topics, we have made the information publicly available. If you are looking for information about the following areas, you may find it by clicking one of the links below:

Subject Access Requests

If you would like to access your personal information, you will need to submit a Subject Access Request (SAR). We need you to provide the following information with your request:

  • full name
  • date of birth
  • photo ID
  • email address, if you have one
  • proof of current postal address dated within the past three months (e.g. bank statement or utility bill)
  • specific details of the information you require

You can submit a Subject Access Request in the following ways:

We aim to acknowledge all SARs within two working days and provide you with a full reply within one calendar month.

Further information about the SAR process can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.

If you have any questions, you can contact the Complaints and Freedom of Information Team by emailing or by phoning 020 3045 4700.

You can find more information on your rights and view our Privacy Notice here.