Overview and Scrutiny
Overview and Scrutiny Committees investigate local issues and make recommendations to the Cabinet to improve services to residents in the Borough.
In addition to overseeing Council services, they are responsible for challenging the performance of the Council's partners including local health service issues and crime and disorder.
Structure in Bexley
Bexley's committee structure includes four committees and one joint committee; each of the four committees comprises 8 Councillors and some committees may have additional or co-opted members from external organisations:
- Children's and Adults' Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee - remit includes adult's and children's social care; safeguarding; mental health; prevention and early intervention
- Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee – remit includes health and public health issues; crime and disorder; SEND and education; housing allocations and homelessness; community safety; and community engagement
- Places Overview and Scrutiny Committee – remit includes environmental issues (including flood risk); heritage; leisure; parks and open spaces; and traffic/parking issues
- Resources and Growth Overview and Scrutiny Committee - remit includes the Council's budget strategy; Council Tax collection and corporate performance; land and property acquisition and disposal; role and performance of council-owned companies; strategic housing and growth; regeneration and economic development
- Joint Children's and Adults' Services and Communities Overview and Scrutiny Committee – Periodically, both the Children's and Adults' Services and Communities OSCs will hold a joint meeting to consider matters that call for joint consideration
Get involved if you have a question or have an idea for a Scrutiny review.