About Connect Care
We want to make sure there aren’t any unnecessary delays or gaps in your care. So sometimes we share information between services like the NHS and your social care team.
What information do you share about me?
If you get social care support from us, we’ll use your NHS number to identify you. And we collect the information we have about your social care in a hub called ‘Connect Care’, which social workers and NHS staff have access to.
They might see:
- your name, address and date of birth
- your NHS number
- dates of any hospital appointments, admissions and discharges
- any conditions you’ve been diagnosed with
- any medications you’re taking
- your known allergies
- your x-ray and blood test results
- any social care assessments you’ve had and services you’ve used
Why is it important to share information?
For a start, using your NHS number to identify you is a lot more secure than relying on your name and date of birth. But having a single point of information for everyone also means:
- we spot problems earlier and can help you faster
- we all have access to the most up-to-date information about you
- we can help you move from one service to another more easily (like if you’re transferring to care at home after being in hospital)
- we spend less time doing paperwork, and more time helping you
Can I tell you not to share my information?
Absolutely. Every time you talk to a social worker, we’ll ask you for your consent to share your information. And if you say no, we’ll store it separately where only the social care team can access it.
You can also tell us not to use your NHS number to identify you. It won’t affect the care you get, but it might mean we can’t support you as efficiently. Talk it over with your social worker, or give us a call on 020 8303 777. You can also email email@example.com
How do you keep my information safe?
We make sure the health and social care staff directly involved in your care are the only ones who can see your information. We also strictly follow the council’s policies on privacy and data protection.
Who else shares information through Connect Care?
- Lewisham GP Practices
- Greenwich GP Practices
- Bexley GP Practices
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
- Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
- London Borough of Lewisham (adult social care)
- Royal Borough of Greenwich (social care)
- London Borough of Bexley (adult social care)
- Out of hours care for Greenwich GP Practices (Greenbrook)
- Out of hours care for Lewisham GP Practices (SELDOC)