Reporting drainage or flooding issues

When reporting a drainage or flooding issue, please make sure it falls within the following categories:

  • blocked rainwater gulleys
  • flooding in the road
  • personal item retrieval
  • sewers
  • water pipes


Report a flooded public road that requires priority attention.


Blocked or damaged road drainage

Rain is taken away by road drains that prevent the road or pavement from becoming flooded.

If a drain is located on private property you will need to contact Thames Water on 0800 316 9800.


Retrieving items from drainage gullies on request (keys, mobile phones, purses/wallets etc).

You may request retrieval of personal items from highway drainage gullies, which is a paid service and we will require payment before deploying the Councils contractor. This fee is non-refundable if the item cannot be located.

  • normal working hours £90
  • out of normal working hours £260