How to apply for free school meals

Complete an application form and return it to your school if you receive any of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
  • Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

If your child attends one of the following schools apply directly to the school:

  • Barrington Primary School
  • Bedonwell Infant School
  • Bedonwell Junior School
  • Belvedere Infant School
  • Belvedere Junior School
  • Burnt Oak Junior School
  • Chatsworth Infant School
  • Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School
  • Christ Church Primary School
  • Cleeve Park School
  • East Wickham Primary Academy
  • Haberdashers Aske's Academy
  • Harris Academy Falconwood
  • Harris Garrard Academy
  • Hurst Primary School
  • Jubilee Primary School
  • King Henry School
  • Northumberland Heath Primary School
  • Northwood Primary School
  • Peareswood Primary School
  • St Augustine C of E Primary School
  • St Catherine's Catholic School
  • St Columba's School for Boys
  • St Paul's School
  • Sherwood Park Primary School
  • Townley Grammar School
  • Trinity Church of England School
  • Willow Bank Primary School

Download the application form (PDF)*

*This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format

Children who receive any of the qualifying benefits listed above in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.

All children get free school meals if they are in reception, year 1 or year 2. If you receive any of the benefits above you should still register so that the school gets extra funding.

This money could go towards things like learning support and after-school activities.

Paper forms are available from your child's school direct.

You must inform the Council immediately if you change address, stop receiving any of the qualifying support payment/benefits or about any other circumstance that might affect entitlement to free school lunches. If you do not, you may be liable to repay the cost of any lunches taken by your children.

If you have a query about the quality or content of school lunches please contact the school or