SEND Local Offer
Education, health and care needs assessment
If your child has special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), they may require an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessment.
A request for an EHC Needs Assessment for a child or young person aged 0 to 25 years can be made by:
- the child/young person’s parent/carer
- a young person aged 16 to 25 years
- a person acting on behalf of a school or post 16 institution
- children and young people under 19 in youth custodial establishments have the right to request an assessment for an EHC Plan
The (SEND) Statutory Assessment Service is responsible for coordinating EHC Needs Assessments. If following an EHC Needs Assessment, it is agreed that a child/young person’s needs should be met through an EHC plan the SEND statutory assessment service will work with families and professionals to develop an EHC plan that reflects:
- the child/young person’s needs
- the support that the child/young person requires
- the outcomes that the child/young person is working towards
For more information and to apply visit Bexley Local Offer.