Access to your personal information

If you would like to access your personal information, you will need to submit a Subject Access Request (SAR).

We need you to provide the following information:

  • full name
  • date of birth
  • photo ID
  • email address, if you have one
  • proof of current postal address dated within the past three months (e.g. bank statement or utility bill)
  • specific details of the information you require

Please note that there are documents that we cannot provide, for example:

  • Police Merlins
  • Multi-agency meeting details
  • NHS / medical records
  • school records
  • any other third-party information

For clarification, third-party information would include details of other family members, neighbours, agencies involved etc.

If you, as a parent, wish to access your child’s information and they are over the age of 12, we would need to seek their consent to share any documents with you.

Complete the request form

You can submit a Subject Access Request in the following ways:

We aim to acknowledge all SARs within two working days and provide you with files requested within one calendar month, depending on the size and age of the files requested. Very large files, or any that have been archived due to age, may take significantly longer to retrieve.

Further information about the SAR process can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.