Support sustaining your home

From time to time, many of our residents struggle to sustain their housing arrangements and need help. When that happens, it is important to seek that help quickly.

The Council's website has a range of helpful information on ways to cope with the rising cost of living.

If you are a tenant with rent arrears, contact your landlord to agree a repayment plan. Many social landlords have hardship schemes that might help you. Have a look at their website or speak to your local Neighbourhood Housing Officer.

If you are a homeowner who has accrued mortgage arrears, speak to your lender as soon as possible to consider the options available to you.

If you require additional support in conjunction with your housing-related issue, you may want to consider contacting the agencies listed below:


Mental Health


You may also find these links useful:

Social issues

Domestic Abuse