Who we can help

To access adult drug and alcohol services, you must be:

  • aged 18 or over
  • a permanent resident of the London Borough of Bexley
  • experiencing difficulties with your own drug and alcohol use or a carer, relative or friend of a drug and/or alcohol user

Help available

A range of services are provided including:

  • assessment of needs
  • individual keyworker throughout recovery journey
  • onsite recovery groups including groups for cannabis, Novel Psychoactive substances (spice, mephedrone, GBL for example), cocaine, crack, heroin and alcohol
  • support for addiction to prescribed and over the counter medications
  • substitute prescribing for opiate users
  • families and carers service
  • brief interventions for alcohol users
  • housing support
  • health interventions
  • close working with the criminal justice system
  • support with education, training and employment
  • mutual aid groups including Narcotics Anonymous and Cocaine Anonymous
  • peer support and specific training

How to access services

The service is called The Pier Road Project. Contact details:

  • Erith Health Centre, 50 Pier Road, Erith DA8 1RQ
  • telephone 01322 357940
  • opening hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (or until 7.30pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)

You can either contact The Pier Road Project yourself or, if you prefer, ask your GP, probation officer, housing officer, key worker, or social worker to refer you.

You can also drop into the service without an appointment at the following times:

  • Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9.30am to midday
  • Tuesday 2pm to 4pm

What will happen?

The Pier Road Project will ask for some basic information about your situation. You will be asked to attend the service for a full assessment. A key worker will discuss your needs and work with you to build a care plan.

If you are a carer/relative/friend of a drug and/or alcohol user, you will be given information on the support services available.

What to do in an emergency?

In an emergency, especially if someone has overdosed, always call an ambulance or go straight to the nearest Accident and Emergency department.