Bexley Twofold is the job search, training, and supported employment service for residents in Bexley, with learning disabilities who have a need for support to access training and employment opportunities. Our aim is to help people find and sustain paid employment.
We help people over the age of 18 and create an individual journey and will amend support to suit the needs of the individual.
What we will do to help you find work:
- we will teach you how to job search
- we will give you advice in our supported Learning for Work Job Club
- we can help you find suitable work placements to gain some work experience
- we can help you find training courses or volunteering to increase your skills
- if you have an interview, we can come with you to help you
- if you need to learn how to travel to a new job, we can help you with travel training
How we can help you once you have found a job:
- we can come with you if you have a work induction
- we can support you in the workplace to help you learn your job until you feel happy that you can work on your own
- if your work changes, we can help you learn new things
- if you lose your job, we can help you to find another job
Types of jobs we have supported people to do:
- office work
- general maintenance
- grounds maintenance
- car washing
- passenger assistants
For more information, please telephone 020 8303 7777 and ask for Bexley Twofold or email firstname.lastname@example.org.