Worried about energy bills?

The Government has announced that support is available to help with rising energy bills and increases.

Ofgem are offering practical advice and information for households that are having difficulties with their gas and electric bills. They also provide information about the Priority Services Register, which is a free support service to help people in vulnerable situations.

South East London Community Energy (SELCE)

South East London Community Energy (SELCE) has trained advisors who can support anyone who is struggling with bills or energy debt.

SELCE offers independent advice on reducing your bills and paying less for your electricity and gas. Home visits can be arranged to give extra support should you need it, where they can suggest ways to make your home more energy efficient.

The advisors can contact energy companies on your behalf and give you guidance for obtaining extra financial help, and on how to apply for discounts and grants. You can contact SELCE on:

Household Support Fund

The government has given local authorities some additional money to help local people who are struggling with the rising cost of living. The funding is intended to be used to support low-income households in need including, but not limited to, families with children of all ages, pensioners, unpaid carers, care leavers and disabled people.  It is particularly focused on those who may not be eligible for other forms of government support at this time.

The funds can be used to meet immediate needs and help those who are struggling with energy and water bills, food and other wider essentials. The support can be made through the provision of vouchers, payments into bank accounts, direct cash for food or the provision of goods to households.

It is a grant that you do not have to pay back.

Please note that this cannot be used to cover council tax, pay mortgages or personal debts.

Find out more about the Household Support Fund

Warmer Homes programme

There are grants available to homeowners to upgrade the energy efficiency of their homes. Visit Selce's current grant webpage to find out what is currently available

To find out if you or your friends and family qualify, please visit the Greater London Authority website.