Arrange a bulky or large item collection
We can arrange to pick up bulky or large rubbish items as a one-off. You can book and pay for this service as you need it.
Please note items cannot be collected from inside the home or from a rear garden without side access. Items must be left out for collection.
Items we collect include:
- furniture (sofas, beds, tables etc)
- washing machines, cookers, fridges, dishwashers, tumble dryers and other electrical appliances
- DIY rubbish
We don’t collect:
- large amounts of rubble
- garden waste (there is a separate regular service for this)
- hazardous or dangerous waste (there are special collections for this)
- clinical waste (there are special collections for these)
- large amounts of black sacks of house/garden clearances
- commercial waste
- textiles (there is a separate free collection service for this)
It costs £42 for up to two items (or four items if you are in receipt of a pension). If you have more to throw away, let us know, and we’ll calculate the cost based on the number and size of the items.
If you’re willing to transport your items yourself, or they could be reused, you can take them to a recycling centre for free or find a reuse group.
Alternatively, you can donate bulky items that are in good condition using Freegle and to local charity shops: