Starting secondary school
Admission to secondary school in September 2022
Children born between 1 September 2010 and 31 August 2011 will transfer to secondary school in September 2022.
- you can apply online from 1 September 2021
- the closing date is 31 October 2021
- offers of places to on-time applicants will be made on Tuesday 1 March 2022
Information regarding the schools available in Bexley together with full details on the application process can be found on the pages below and additional details in the Admission to Secondary Schools in Bexley booklet 2022 (PDF).
Most people apply online, as they find it quick and easy.
If you need to apply using a paper form, requests should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not live in Bexley, please contact your Local Authority to find out how to apply for Bexley schools.
Some schools require the completion of a supplementary form. Please check that you have completed one where required, and that it is returned to the school directly.
What you need to hand:
- proof of your child’s date of birth: their birth certificate, passport or medical card
- proof of your address: a council tax bill or tenancy agreement
If you're living with a friend or relative and you're not named on the council tax account, you can use a copy of your child benefit statement or tax credits letter.
We don’t accept the following as proof of address:
- utility bills
- drivers licence
- bank statement