Starting primary school
Admission to reception in September 2022
Children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 will be due to start in Reception in September 2022.
- you can apply online from 1 September 2021
- the closing date is 15 January 2022
- offers of places to on time applicants will be made on Tuesday 19 April 2022
Information regarding the schools available in Bexley together with full details on the application process can be found on the pages below and additional details in the Admission to Primary Schools in Bexley booklet 2022 (PDF).
Most people apply online, as they find it quick and easy.
If you need to apply using a paper form, requests should be made by email to email@example.com.
If you do not live in Bexley, please contact your Local Authority to find out how to apply for Bexley schools.
Some schools require the completion of a supplementary form. Please check that you have completed one where required, and that it is returned to the school directly.
List of schools
|Barnehurst Infant School||01322 334401|
|Barnehurst Junior School||01322 334214|
|Barrington Primary School||020 8304 0242|
|Bedonwell Infant School||020 8310 4161|
|Bedonwell Junior School||020 8310 4174|
|Belmont Academy||01322 432057|
|Belvedere Infant School||020 8311 9092|
|Belvedere Junior School||01322 431404|
|Bishop Ridley CE Primary School||020 8303 4461|
|Brampton Primary Academy||020 8303 2873|
|Burnt Oak Junior School||020 8300 5854|
|Bursted Wood Primary School||020 8304 9960|
|Castilion Primary School||020 8311 5177|
|Chatsworth Infant School||020 8300 9295|
|Christ Church Erith CE Primary School||01322 333780|
|Days Lane Primary School||020 8300 1697|
|Eastcote Primary Academy||020 8856 1346|
|East Wickham Primary Academy||020 8854 0698|
|Gravel Hill Primary School||01322 521343|
|Haberdashers’ Aske’s Crayford Temple Grove||01322 402180|
|Haberdashers’ Aske’s Slade Green Temple Grove||01322 330 363|
|Harris Garrard Academy (Primary Section)||020 8320 4840|
|Hillsgrove Primary School||020 8303 4949|
|Holy Trinity CE Primary School||020 8300 3613|
|Hook Lane Primary School||020 8303 3839|
|Hope Community School||020 3223 2000|
|Hurst Primary School||020 8303 2688|
|Jubilee Primary School||020 8310 2933|
|Lessness Heath Primary School||01322 433290|
|Mayplace Primary School||01322 523256|
|Normandy Primary School||01322 333998|
|Northumberland Heath Primary School||01322 334638|
|Northwood Primary School||020 8310 2722|
|Old Bexley CE Primary School||01322 527 981|
|Our Lady of the Rosary RC Primary School||020 8850 4470|
|Peareswood Primary School||01322 332379|
|Pelham Primary School||020 8303 6556|
|Royal Park Primary School||020 8300 7646|
|St Augustine’s CE Primary School||020 8311 2956|
|St Fidelis RC Primary School||01322 337752|
|St John Fisher RC Primary School||020 8310 7311|
|St Joseph’s RC Primary School||01322 524162|
|St Michael’s CE Primary School||020 8303 3287|
|St Paul’s (Slade Green) Primary School||01322 334689|
|St Paulinus CE Primary School||01322 523236|
|St Peter Chanel RC Primary School||020 8302 6029|
|St Stephen’s RC Primary School||020 8303 9738|
|St Thomas More RC Primary School||020 8303 8322|
|Sherwood Park Primary School||020 8303 6300|
|Upland Primary School||020 8303 2175|
|Willow Bank Primary School||020 8320 1900|
Terms & Conditions
All applications for a school place within the London Borough of Bexley are made in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
- The application form has been completed having taken into consideration all of the guidance outlined within the booklet Admission to Primary Schools in Bexley 2022, including the reference to the General Data Protection Regulations, the Data Protection Act 2018 and the London borough of Bexley Education Services and Inclusion Privacy Notice.
- That you are confirming that the application is for the schools listed in Section 7 of the application form and which have been listed in order of my/our preference.
- That you have parental responsibility for the child named in Section 1 and that the information given is true to the best of your knowledge and belief.
- That you understand that checks may be made against Council records to verify that the details given on this form are correct and that you understand that you may be asked to provide further documentary evidence if the details do not match Council records.
- That you understand that you must advise the School Admissions Team of any change in your address or family circumstances after submission of this application.
- That you understand that any false or deliberately misleading information given on this form and/or supporting papers, or any relevant information withheld, may render this application invalid and could lead to the withdrawal of an offer of a primary school place for your child.
- That if you have included a faith (Church) school in your preferences that you have also completed the school’s Supplementary Information Form and returned it to the school.
- That this is the only form that you have completed.
All other primary schools in Bexley are community schools or voluntary controlled schools and enquiries should be made to the School Admissions Team.
Enquires about schools in other boroughs should be made to the school or relevant local authority.
Admission to Reception classes 2021/22
If your child was born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 and they have not yet started school, please be aware that they will reach compulsory school age from the first day of the school term following their 5th birthday. You can now make an in-year application to secure a place in the current academic year.
What you need to hand to apply:
- proof of your child’s date of birth: their birth certificate, passport or medical card
- proof of your address: a council tax bill or tenancy agreement
If you're living with a friend or relative and you're not named on the council tax account, you can use a copy of your child benefit statement or tax credits letter. We don’t accept utility bills, drivers' licences or bank statements as proof of address.
We don’t accept the following as proof of address:
- utility bills
- drivers licence
- bank statement