Make a planning application
You can create and submit most types of planning application online, via the Planning Portal. This includes the ability to upload drawings, purchase sitemaps and pay application fees. The Planning Portal is a national website and offers a number of benefits:
- guidance on the need for planning permission including an interactive house which you may find useful
- standard application forms for use with all planning authorities
- online help function when completing applications
- guaranteed delivery/email acknowledgement
- savings on handling, postage and printing costs
Please note: like all interactive websites, you will have to register with the Planning Portal when making your first online application. After that, you just log on to access your applications.
When making an online application please note the following to assist us in dealing with your application:
- ensure you have read the appropriate help texts relating to completion of the Planning Application forms and addressed any issues covered
- drawings must include a scale bar. If your plans are larger than A3 size you should identify what size the drawings should be printed (A0, A1 or A2)
- providing a summary of all attachments included with your application is very helpful
- attachments are restricted to the following file types: .pdf, .tif, .jpg, .gif, .doc, .xls, .bmp, .png, .plt, .txt. No individual file should be larger than 5MB
- we are unable to accept CAD drawings
To find out what planning application requirements you need for your submission use the Planning application requirements document (PDF, 295KB).
Appointing an architect or surveyor
Give serious consideration to having detailed plans produced.
This will help you to see what the end result will be an assist in comparing/or arranging quotations.
We cannot recommend an architect, a planning consultant or surveyor, but the following may help: