It is the responsibility of the dog owner or the person in charge of a dog to clear up any mess left by the dog as soon as it has fouled. It is illegal to not clear up the mess left by your dog as soon as it has fouled and those that leave their mess behind are liable to pay a fixed penalty notice. Note: Free dog waste bags are currently available to residents at the Council Offices and Libraries.
Pay a fixed penalty notice online (littering or dog control orders).
Reporting dog fouling
You can help take a stand against dog fouling in Bexley by using the Animal fouling form.
Information provided to the Highway Enforcement team by members of the local community can assist in identifying who is committing an offence and at what times.
When reporting an offence of dog fouling please think about the following:
- do you know of a dog owner who never, or hardly ever, picks up after their pet?
- do they usually walk the dog at a certain time during the day?
- what are times the offences being committed?
- where are the offences being committed?
- what does the dog look like?
- what does the owner look like?
- if the dog owner uses a car, what is the number on the registration plate?