The booking form is currently unavailable. To book a course please telephone 020 8303 7777 and ask for Road Safety.
Cycle skills in Bexley
Bexley offers free cycle training to both adults and children who live, work and/or attend school in the borough.
For children, Bexley offers:
- school-based Bikeability courses to children aged 10 years+ who are competent cyclists
- free holiday courses
For adults, Bexley offers:
- free, tailored courses to suit individual abilities and goals
- a free, tailored session and practice in a safe off-road environment with a fully qualified instructor
- GET BOB (back on bikes) - if you haven’t been on a bike for some time and need to get back into cycling, this is the perfect way to improve your confidence and skills
- a free group session to improve your urban (on-road) cycling skills
- a free one-to-one session from a fully qualified trainer to perfect your advanced cycling skills
- free family cycling sessions to gain confidence and learn skills to cycle as a family
Work with schools and colleges
Bexley runs various road safety educational and training projects with schools and colleges to promote safer behaviour on our roads. This includes:
- electing Junior Road Safety Officers amongst Year 5 or Year 6 students, whose role it is to promote road safety in their school
- The Children’s Traffic Club, which helps parents to teach children aged three to five how to stay safe when out walking, playing and travelling in cars or buses
- Bikeability cycle training for Year 6 and above
- ‘Walkability’ pedestrian skills training programme for children in Year 3
- commissioning Theatre-in-Education tours
- working with sixth forms and colleges to provide educational input for young people who are preparing to drive, or are new drivers, as well as those who will be passengers, including Safe Drive Stay Alive
- offering bespoke class talks, assemblies and other road safety education input to schools
for more information, please email email@example.com.
School crossing patrols
School crossing patrols are employed by Bexley to help children cross the road safely on their way to and from school.
You can find out more about our school crossing patrol vacancies, by visiting our jobs and careers page.