Request parking enforcement
Vehicles parked on footways, verges, yellow lines, school restrictions, in front of dropped kerbs, can cause obstruction, congestion, inconvenience and even danger to pedestrians and other road users.
- request parking enforcement
- if you cannot complete an online form, call the contact centre on 020 3045 3000 and an agent will complete the form on your behalf. Alternatively, you can call 020 8301 6317 between 8.30am to 9.30pm (Monday to Saturday) and 10am to 5pm (Sundays) and an agent may be able to assist
- we are unable to enforce parking contraventions on red routes; this is the responsibility of Transport for London
The following are types of dropped kerb:
- a shared dropped kerb is one that is used by two or more residents or business users to enter/exit a driveway
- a pedestrian dropped kerb is a section of kerb which has been lowered to make crossing the road easier for pedestrians, wheelchair users for example
- a residential dropped kerb is used by a resident to access their driveway
What action can be taken?
A Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) can be issued to any vehicle parked in front of a shared or pedestrian dropped kerb. An enforcement request is not necessary to carry out enforcement of this type of dropped kerb, although action will be taken on receipt of a request.
A Penalty Charge Notice can also be issued to any vehicle parked in front of a residential dropped kerb on receipt of a request from the resident. The image below shows the area that must be kept clear. A request to enforce a residential dropped kerb must include details of the parked vehicle. Arrangements will then be made for a Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) on duty nearby to visit. A Penalty Charge Notice will only be issued to the vehicle identified in the request if it is found to be parked in the area that must be kept clear and even if only part of it is overhanging. To arrange a CEO visit, please request parking enforcement.
The image indicates area that must be kept clear.
Registering your residential dropped kerb
Residents who are regularly inconvenienced by vehicles obstructing the dropped kerb/driveway outside their property can register their address giving authorisation for routine parking enforcement. This will enable our officers to visit the address regularly and issue penalties to any vehicles parked in the area that should be kept clear. It should be noted that once a residential dropped kerb has been registered, any vehicle parked across it may be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice, even if the vehicle is owned by the resident and/or their visitors.
To register your dropped kerb, please complete the registration of dropped kerb form.