Bulky household items
Bulky household items are items which are too large to be collected as part of the usual household waste collections.
Bulky household waste collection service
If items are not suitable to be used by someone else or do not contain a fire label, use the bulky household waste collection service.
This is a booked service for the collection and disposal of bulky household items such as furniture, cookers, washing machines, electrical appliances and DIY waste.
The following cannot be collected as part of this service:
- large amounts of rubble
- garden waste
- hazardous waste (example asbestos, chemicals, gas bottles)
- clinical waste
- Charges there is a minimum charge of £37* for up to two items
- for larger bookings the charge is calculated based on the number and size of the items to be collected
- senior citizens are charged the minimum charge for up to four items and any further items will be charged at half price
- book a collection online using a debit or credit card to make payment
- an estimate may be required for larger and more complicated bookings. These can be undertaken over the phone or an officer may visit
- on collection day all items should be left outside your house or flat but not on the footway
- the collectors will only collect items from inside your home when there is no-one capable of moving the item outside; this has to be arranged in advance. However, the Council accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from collections from inside properties
- only items that are booked and paid for will be collected
- collection hours are between 6.00am and 4pm Monday to Fridays
- bulky items can also be taken to Bexley’s reuse and recycling centres
*Current charges valid until 31 March 2021.
Items which can be used by someone else
If items are in a good and reusable condition the following options are available:
- reuse and recycling centres- There is a dedicated reuse area at the reuse and recycling centre where items suitable to be used by someone else can be placed
- local reuse groups: