Bexley Portage Service
Bexley Portage Service is a Home Education Service for pre-school aged children (from birth) with additional needs / delay in at least three areas of their development.
- referrals are welcomed from professionals and parents/carers
- Portage workers carry out home visits with the parent/carer and their child
- visits focus on supporting the child’s development through play
- once a referral is accepted, the parent/carer will be offered an initial home visit
- at this visit the family can ask any questions they may have and find out how the service will work with their child
- the service will support a family until either the child’s development progresses to a point where portage support is no longer needed or a child attends an educational setting for more than 15 hours a week (from the age of three)
- Portage work alongside the Children’s Development Centre (Acorns) based at Queen Marys Hospital, which enables close liaison and joint working with other professionals involved in the child’s care
Contact the Senior Portage Worker on 020 8303 7777 and ask for the Bexley Portage Service.