Children born between 1 September 2008 and 31 August 2009 can sit the Bexley selection test in September 2019 when they are in Year 6 of primary school.
- all children must be registered online between 7 May and 5 July 2019, including children who attend primary schools in Bexley
- the link to the online registration site will be on this page from Tuesday 7 May
- test sessions will be on Tuesday 10 or Wednesday 11 September 2019
- all registered children who attend a primary school in Bexley will sit the test on the morning of 11 September, either in their own school or in a test centre
- all other children will be invited to one morning or afternoon test session on either 10 or 11 September at a secondary school in Bexley
- you can apply for special arrangements if your child has a disability or special need
There will be two test papers containing a mixture of questions on verbal reasoning and comprehension, non-verbal reasoning and mathematical reasoning.
Each paper will be divided into timed sections, and instructions will be given on an audio soundtrack. Most questions are multiple choice, and all answers are marked on a separate machine-readable answer sheet. There will be a short break between the two test papers.
All parents who register their child for the test will be sent a link to practice questions. The test provider, CEM, does not sell past papers or practice books.