The Bexley Selection tests registration is now closed.
Children born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010 can sit the Bexley selection test in September 2020 when they are in Year 6 of primary school.
- all children must be registered online between 1 May and 3 July 2020, including children who attend primary schools in Bexley
- test sessions will be on Tuesday 15 or Wednesday 16 September 2020
- all registered children who attend a primary school in Bexley will sit the test on the morning of 16 September, either in their own school or in a test centre
- all other children will be invited to one morning or afternoon test session on either 15 or 16 September at a secondary school in Bexley
- you can apply for access arrangements if your child has a disability or special need. Please ask your child’s school to complete the Special Arrangements Application Form, using the guidance notes
There will be two test papers containing a mixture of questions on verbal reasoning and comprehension, non-verbal reasoning and mathematical reasoning.
Each paper will be divided into timed sections, and instructions will be given on an audio soundtrack. Most questions are multiple-choice, and all answers are marked on a separate machine-readable answer sheet. There will be a short break between the two test papers.
All parents who register their child for the test will be sent a link to familiarisation material. The test provider, CEM, does not sell past papers or practice books.