About Bexley Business & Employment
We operate high-quality business and employability services that are responsive and flexible to the changing needs of our businesses and residents.
- for Bexley residents over the age of 18 that require employment support as a wraparound service to help them enter employment and sustain employment for the long term
- delivery includes one to one information, advice and guidance, job search support, workshops, work experience and referrals to external organisations for specialist interventions
- client groups have long term unemployed claimants (six months plus), people recently made redundant, people wishing to change careers, underemployed people who want to find a second or better job and people returning to work after a career break
Supported Employment (Bexley Twofold):
- Bexley Twofold is the job search, skills, and supported employment service for adult residents in Bexley, with learning disabilities who require support to access training and employment opportunities. The long-term aim is to help service users obtain and sustain suitable paid employment
- delivery includes the Learning for Work pre-employment course, work experience and assistance with job search and interviews, supported employment onsite with the client and the employer and support with job losses to find alternative employment quickly so skills and experience are not lost
More information on Bexley Twofold
- for Bexley businesses and businesses in surrounding boroughs, there is an ‘end to end free recruitment service to fill vacancies
- E-business support is available for free to help your business get online, improve your social media presence, and start or grow your website
- support and information regarding business grants, licensing, networking, premises, co-working space and much more
- supporting town centres, Business Improvement Districts and town centre partnerships with advice and signposting
- supporting start-ups, SMEs and larger businesses to adapt, diversify and innovate to grow and become more resilient
- supporting inward investment and highlighting that Bexley is a great place to do business
- future-proofing our high streets and town centres by trialling innovative new uses to boost capacity, improving the overall shopping experience
- seeking external funding opportunities to help fulfil key agendas
- supporting established businesses growth through advice and signposting and networking opportunities
- helping businesses to become more sustainable and circular
Working together, we are supporting economic growth and skills in Bexley.
Conference and training rooms for hire
BBE has two modern and well-equipped training centres located in Erith High Street that are available for private hire for business and employment activities. Our Atrium Court centre has two small interview rooms, three IT suites with up to 14 PCs and interactive whiteboards in each room and a boardroom that can comfortably seat up to 14 people in boardroom or 20 people in theatre style. Our Erith Riverside Centre has an IT suite with 12 PCs.
Both sites are disability-friendly and tea and coffee can be provided on request for a small charge. Room rates vary according to each room and the length of the booking and are at a very competitive price. Rooms can be hired Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, any booking requests outside of these hours can be considered but additional charges will apply.
For more information and prices, please email contactBBE@bexley.gov.uk or call 020 045 3800.