Start your business
Local start-up resources
Contains all the information you need to turn your idea into a business. Log on and find more than 4,000 factsheets, market reports, contacts and sources of funding and support plus hundreds of practical guides to starting up more than 350 types of business
South East Enterprise
Get your business online and improve your social media by signing up for free e-business support for businesses in Bexley delivered by the South East Enterprise Local London e-business support programme.
Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
Visit the FSB Knowledge Hub and get free business resources to help your new business. Join the FSB’s growing community of members in Bexley to access exclusive content.
Further start-up resources
Have a range of different resources and support options. This includes workshops ad events, mentoring and articles about business support and growth.
- GOV.UK - Setting up - guides on how to set up as a sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- GOV.UK - Get help and support for your business - find support through grants and programmes
- GOV.UK - HM Revenue & Customs - information on taxes; see in particular Running a business and Self-employment sections
- Enterprise Nation - supports the start-up process and growth via digital content, a year-round event schedule, membership, and resources
- London Business Hub - free impartial advice for businesses, no matter what stage your business is at
- National Enterprise Network with a support base in Woolwich
- Princes Trust Business tools - includes resources for younger age groups, so young entrepreneurs may find some good information. Also includes the enterprise programme for 13 to 30 year olds
- Acas - information on workplace rights, rules, and best practice
- The Association of Disabled Professionals - plain English resource guide for disabled people looking to start up a business